Posts Tagged Kevin Shivers
Both Senator Corman and Representative Cutler have spoken in the past at the annual Pennsylvania Leadership Conference. There are parts of a new team of leaders in the general assembly fighting the massive tax and spending increases proposed by Governor Tom Wolf.
In addition to remarks by Senator Corman and Representative Cutler, the PLC Quarterly Briefing will also include a panel presentation on the state budget and related policy issues. Moderated by Lowman Henry, Chairman & CEO of the Lincoln Institute, the panel will include presentations by David Taylor, President of the Pennsylvania Manufacturers’ Association; Gene Barr, President of the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry; Matthew Brouillette, President of the Commonwealth Foundation and Kevin Shivers, Executive State Director of the National Federation of Independent Business.
A question and answer period will follow the panel presentation.
Attendees are asked to arrive early and be seated by 9 A.M. as Senator Corman will be the first speaker and is on a tight time schedule due to budget negotiations.
There is no charge to attend the PLC Quarterly Briefing, but advance registration is required.
Please REGISTER TODAY at www.paleadershipconference.org.
On Air this August 20-26, 2011
This week on Lincoln Radio Journal:
- David Taylor of the Pennsylvania Manufacturers Association and Kevin Shivers, state director of the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) talk about “sensible regulation” with Dan Danner President & CEO of the NNFIB.
- Lowman Henry will also be presenting a Town Hall Commentary on why Ron Paul may be the GOP’s latest incarnation of Barry Goldwater.
This week on the American Radio Journal:
- Lowman Henry talks with Pat Nolan, Vice President of Prison Fellowship Ministries about alternatives to incarceration
- Andy Roth of the Club for Growth has the Real Story on the latest developments in the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination
- Adam Tragone of Human Events has an Off The Cuff interview with Steven Greenhut author of Plunder: How Public Employee Unions are Raiding Our Treasuries;
- Colin Hanna of Let Freedom Ring, USA has an American Radio Journal commentary on the need for a balanced budget amendment.
Visit the program web sites for more information about air times. There, you can also stream live or listen to past programs!