Posts Tagged Pennsylvania leadership conference
Both Senator Corman and Representative Cutler have spoken in the past at the annual Pennsylvania Leadership Conference. There are parts of a new team of leaders in the general assembly fighting the massive tax and spending increases proposed by Governor Tom Wolf.
In addition to remarks by Senator Corman and Representative Cutler, the PLC Quarterly Briefing will also include a panel presentation on the state budget and related policy issues. Moderated by Lowman Henry, Chairman & CEO of the Lincoln Institute, the panel will include presentations by David Taylor, President of the Pennsylvania Manufacturers’ Association; Gene Barr, President of the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry; Matthew Brouillette, President of the Commonwealth Foundation and Kevin Shivers, Executive State Director of the National Federation of Independent Business.
A question and answer period will follow the panel presentation.
Attendees are asked to arrive early and be seated by 9 A.M. as Senator Corman will be the first speaker and is on a tight time schedule due to budget negotiations.
There is no charge to attend the PLC Quarterly Briefing, but advance registration is required.
Please REGISTER TODAY at www.paleadershipconference.org.
Radio Program Schedule for the week of April 6, 2013 – April 12, 2013
This week on American Radio Journal:
- Lowman Henry talks with Will McBride of the Tax Foundation about Tax Freedom Day
- Andy Roth of the Club for Growth has the Real Story behind what those sugar subsidies are costing you
- Dr. Paul Kengor from the Center for Vision & Values at Grove City College says “It’s the Spending, Stupid” on his American Radio Journal commentary
This week on Lincoln Radio Journal:
- Eric Boehm and Melissa Daniels have news headlines from www.paindependent.com
- Lowman Henry has a Newsmaker interview with Steve Hayes of Fox News/The Weekly Standard on federal spending and the growing national debt
- Eric Montarti and Frank Gamrat have an Allegheny Institute Report on the City of Pittsburgh’s financial progress
- Jennifer Stefano takes on Common Core Standards in education on her Stefano Speaks! commentary
Visit the program web sites for more information about air times. There, you can also stream live or listen to past programs!